Thursday, April 15, 2010

Associative Argument Website


I am thinking of using my research paper on Facebook censorship for my website.
 I had posed several questions in my research paper that I never actually found answers to and ended up removing a lot of them before my final draft.
It will be cool to have a website that people can click on the questions and get different arguments to answer that question and come to their own conclusions.

The main questions I am thinking of using are:

Can Facebook protect free speech?


Does Facebook protect free speech?

Are the features like reporting a user a necessity?

What should the governemts role in censorship be?

How does censorship transfer over internationally?

What should be censored?

Who needs to be protected by censorship?


What is the purpose in disclosing the information we do on social networking websites?

Something like that ...with one question leading to another question.

I will also have a page for my sources and Facebook's specific privacy policies.

I am thinking of going through and pulling out important quotes from their Terms and Conditions Policy too.


My biggest concern for this website is I have a lot of information and it may be overwhelming to readers. The hardest part is going to be condensing the information and making it interesting.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty interesting (since I'm pretty interested in privacy and free speech on the internet, the anarchy of anarchies). I was wondering, you need feedback on these questions, if maybe allowing a place for discussion, like a comment box, would be helpful for your site too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany ~

    First, I love your idea! Isn't it great to be able to use things you wrote but had to cut out of a final draft. What a gift!

    I agree with Desiree, having a comment section, where you let the readers *include* their associations in your text would be hellasick (as they say : )

    ~ Cathy

    ReplyDelete